Why should aluminium users buy through the stockholder supply route? For large tonnages of rolled or extruded products, direct supply from the producer is obviously an option. Stockholders can, however, offer many benefits to aluminium users.
Short lead times
- For many standard alloys and shapes, next day delivery is common
Small order quantities
- Even for large bespoke profiles, producers require large minimum order quantities
- Stockholders can deliver small, precise quantities at regular intervals and at short notice
- Most stockholders have trade counter facilities for same day service
Stockholders can work with customers, helping with their initial design, work with selected partners to extrude, finish and fabricate the extrusions and minimise the cost to the customer over the whole process by:
- designing for optimum production efficiency
- designing for lowest fabrication and assembly complexity
- managing inventory costs by ensuring supply consistency and short leadtimes
The European Aluminium Association produces a technical buyers’ guide in table format. This can be downloaded free of charge by clicking here
More technical information about production, fabrication, end use and recycling of aluminium can be obtained from the Fact Sheets published on the Aluminium Federation website (www.alfed.org.uk)
A condensed technical description of aluminium and its uses entitled “About Aluminium” is also available from the ASA publication . See the Publications page for a contents list.